In order to use Chimple with MATLAB, you need:
- MATLAB - Not necessary if you only want to use Chimple as a Java API.
If you would like to build Chimple from source you also need
Step by step instructions for using Chimple with MATLAB
- Install Dimple (Make sure you rename the directory "dimple")
- Download Chimple
- Unzip and put it in the same parent directory as Dimple
- Start MATLAB
- In MATLAB, navigate to your new Chimple directory.
- Execute the startup.m script in the Chimple directory.
- Verify chimple has been installed properly by executing "testChimple". This MATLAB function will run a suite of tests.
- Learn about Chimple. Read the documentation in the doc directory and check out the code in the demos directory.
Using Chimple as a Java Library
If you want to use Chimple as a java API, you need to download chimple and include all of the jar files in chimple/lib and all jar files in dimple/solvers/lib. The Java API is not currently as well documented as the MATLAB API.